Roasted anything is delicious. Roasted brussels sprouts is hands down the most delicious of all! Their little leaves become crispy like potato chips.
Drizzled in maple syrup and sprinkled with chili powder, this smokey sweet treat is perfect. By turning a traditionally hot dish into a salad, you are able to make this ahead for parties or holidays. The red onion and feta cheese add depth bringing both the kids and the adults to the table.
CARAMELIZED BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD
total time ~ 45 minutes yield 4 servings
- 3 lbs of brussels sprouts halved – the key here is uniform size
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 red onion – minced
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400F. While the oven is preheating prepare the brussels sprouts. Using a sharp knife, cut off the woody end. Remove any damaged outer leaves and cut in half
- Place the brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, chili powder, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place the brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and put in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Shake the pan every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. When the brussels sprouts are finished they will be slightly browned and crispy.
- When the brussels sprouts are finished remove from the oven. Toss in a mixing bowl with the minced onion and 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to a serving bowl and top with feta cheese and a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze. Serve along side your Thanksgiving dinner or as a side to any meal for an extra special pop!